NL: Free shipping > € 100 | EU: Free shipping > € 1500
SANlight S4W - DATA SHEET
The SANlight S4W completely balances the symbiosis of technology and biology and has been developed for professional use as efficient illumination for large cultivation areas. The S4W only uses 140 watts of electricity but has an output comparable to a 210 watts HPS light. The bar contains 4 LED modules, each of which are equipped with 20 powerful Osram diodes, divided into different colours that combined offer a universally usable light spectrum. The S4W radiates a warm white light which is perfect to work with and it replicates the natural spectrum of the sun as much as possible to ensure optimal photosynthesis and a healthy hormonal balance. Therefore it allows both cultivation of seedlings and young plants and successful cultivation of blooming and fruit-bearing plants.
The S4W is developed by the Austrian Company SANlight and extremely popular in Germany and Austria for their innovative power and high level of quality.
For all of their products, SANlight tries to effectuate maximum light output using minimal electricity, by using the highest quality Osram diodes and power supply electronics that have been attuned to it. To achieve an even greater efficiency, SANlight have developed a specially secondary optical system that directs the generated light precisely to the cultivation area, through equal distribution. Because of this, the efficiency level runs up to an amazing 2.7 µmol/J, no photon is wasted! Besides that, the secondary lens amplifies the light so it can penetrate even deeper into the canopy and allows lower placed fruits and leaves to develop better.
Passive cooling increases reliability, minimises maintenance expense and guarantees a high degree of light utilisation with a long life span.
SANlight indicates that perfect light cover is achieved when three SW4 units are used for a growth surface of 120 x 120 cm, if hung at approximately 25-30 centimeters above the canopy. By using multiple LED-bars next to each other, instead of, for example, one very powerful LED grow light of a different brand, the light is divided more evenly over the growth surface. An issue often found with many types of grow lights is that the light is concentrated directly under the lamps, but much weaker, and quickly declining, to the sides. Using multiple LED-bars next to each other can prevent these so-called hotspots. This allows you to hang the S4W LED-bars at a shorter distance from your plants, giving them more powerful light. On the image above, this principle is pictured clearly. An additional advantage in using multiple light spots is that it virtually eliminates shadow spots, providing optimal lighting to the growing surface.
3 x SANlight S4W @ 1,44m2 / 15.5ft2
• Power Consumption 420W
• PPF Light Engine: 1218µmol/s
• PPF System: 1152µmol/s
Conditions of measurement
• Distance to sensor: 30cm / 11.8''
• Environment: HOMEbox Ambient Q120 (120 x 120cm / 47.2'' x 47.2'')
• Measure grid: 10cm / 3.9 in
Ø PPF: 528µmol/m2/s
● Power consumption: 140 Watts
● Comparable with: 210 Watts HPS
● Footprint: 120 x 40 cm
● Advised height: 15 - 20 cm above the canopy
● Lifespan: +80.000
● Weight: 2.6 kg
● Dimension: 98 x 8 x 5 cm
● Passive cooling (no fans or other moving parts)
Typical uses include
● High-value, environmentally friendly, long-lasting and maintenance-free replacement for conventional lighting (e.g., sodium vapour lamps, fluorescent tubes, CFLs, etc.)
● Cultivation of crops and ornamental plants including fruit production
● Illumination of indoor living walls
● Space-saving illumination for vertical cultivation
● Compact, energy-saving additional illumination for optimal growth, blossoming and harvest maximisation
● Winter illumination
● Assimilation illumination for weakened plants (without thermal stress)
● Illumination of sales areas (e.g., in floristry)
Upon delivery, the SANlight S4W includes
● 1 x S4W led bar
● 1 x converter
● 2 x hanging clamps
● 1 x user manual