SolarSystem 550 - Spec Sheet
● Advanced LED Grow Light System
● Replaces a 600 Watts HPS with 40% Less Energy
● Fully Programmable Spectrum Control: 0-100% per channel (only possible with the Controller)
● Higher Yields and Better Quality
● Perfect for Propagation, Veg or Bloom
● High Return Investment: Never Needs Bulbs- Easy to Install
● It's our best selling ''allround' grow light since the introduction of LED grow lighting solutions; best value for money
● Highest quality components
● Perfect for small or large scale grows
● Lifespan: more than 50.000 hours
● 5 Year Warranty- Made in the USA
The SolarSystem controller works with one or 1,000 lights and controls our entire family of SolarSystem LEDs. The system grows with you as you increase your grow operation.
The SolarSystem LED grow lights won the Spannabis 2017 ‘Best Grow Product’ award beating off some top quality competition from some well established grow light companies and the completely renewed SolarSystem Series was released in 2018. The professional grade SolarSystem LED grow lights are built in the USA for the legal USA grow market and are available in Europe through Crazy LEDs. With unsurpassed build quality, highest quality Osram LEDs and an intense light spectrum designed exclusively for cannabis growing, the SolarSystem LED grow lights will allow you to grow better cannabis than ever before.
● PPF: 888 µmol/s
● Power consumption (watts): 0 - 400
● Electrical efficiency (μmol/J): 2.23
● Spectrum Control: Digital | Programmable
● Spectrum: Chlorophyll Based (''purple'')
● Dimming: 3 channel 0-100% (The Spectrum is divided onto 3 drivers: Blue, White and Red)
● Safe hanging distance: 50 cm (20') from your canopy @ full power
● Coverage Area Bloom: Optimal: 100 x 100 cm (3' x 3') | Maximum: 100 x 120 cm (3' x 4')
● Coverage Area VEG: 200 x 240 cm (6'' x 8'')
● Operating Temperature: 0 - 41.7°C (0 - 107 F)
● Frequency: 50 - 60 Hz
● Fixture Weight: 5.9 kg (13 Lbs)
● Full Warranty: 3 years
● Limited Warranty: 5 years
● LED lifetime rating: 50.000+ hours
● Cord length: 180 cm (6'')
● Certifications: UL & CE
● Thermal Management: Active (Fans)
Programmable Spectrum Control
● Automatically Program any Growth Stage or Spectrum Mix
● A Single Controller Runs an Unlimited Number of Lights
● Sunrise/Sunset for Better Daily Growth
● Digital timer eliminates external timers or contactors
● Day, Week or Season programming
● Smooth Transitions from Veg to Bloom
● Customizable Grow Schedules for Each Strain
Only a select few tell you the important metrics of a horticulture lighting system and PPFD is definitely one of them! To some extend you could say: the higher the PPFD measurements, the higher the rate of photosynthesis and final yield will be. We recommend an average PPFD between:
● 100 and 300 μmol/m2/s for Seeds (for optimal conditions: additional CO2, ~400 ppm)
● 75 and 150 μmol/m2/s for Vegetative Cuttings (for optimal conditions: additional CO2, ~400-800 ppm)
● 300 and 600 μmol/m2/s for the Vegetative phase, including Mother plants (for optimal results: additional CO2, ~400-800 ppm)
● 600 and 1000 μmol/m2/s for optimal results during the Flowering/Reproductive phase, without additional CO2 (for amazing results: additional CO2, ~800-1400 ppm)
● 1000 and 1500 μmol/m2/s for phenomenal results during the Flowering/Reproductive phase WITH additional CO2, ~1400 ppm. Most strains can not thrive or even handle this photon flux density without supplemental CO2
1 x SolarSystem 550 PPFD measurements in a 100 x 100 cm (3' x 3') @ ~45 cm (18''), @ ~61 cm (24'') and @ ~91 cm (36'') canopy demonstration
(Please note: these measurements apply to the previous generation of SolarSystem lights. The current generation offers improved PPFD output, Optic Uniformity / Distribution and energy efficiency)
The SolarSystem 550 is a game changer in indoor and greenhouse lighting for horticulture. The SS 550 is compact and lightweight yet puts out more light than much larger LED grow lights and will replace a 600 watt HPS system. Powerful enough for veg or bloom, the SS 550 features fully programmable spectrum control with the optional Solarsystem Controller. Linked together in a series the SS 550 can cover any size grow area – large or small – while drastically cutting energy usage and eliminating the need to change bulbs – ever.
The SS 550 features 50,000 hour rated LEDs and fans and a five-year warranty. Plug and play design with no external ballasts or ducting makes installation a simple one-person job. Small foot print limits the shadow effect in greenhouses but covers a large canopy area. High power output and low heat is perfect for large indoor grow operations.
Time to replace older inefficient fixed spectrum lighting systems.
The SolarSystem 550 uses 400W of power on maximum power, it suits people growing in 100 x 100cm (39,4'' x 39,4'') or 120 x 120cm (47,25'' x 47,25'') grow environments with results approaching that of a 600W HPS light. The SolarSystem 550 has similar PPF light output to a 600W HPS with reduced heat which allows quality improvements over HPS grown crops.
(To use all features, you will need the Controller. The Controller is sold seperately.)
● 400W power draw
Approaches a 600W HPS but with less heat production and lower running/energy costs
● Adjustable power from 0-100% (CONTROLLER needed!)
The SS550 is the only light you need for germination, seedlings and mature plants. There is no need for separate fluorescent lighting for seedlings and metal halide lights for vegetive growth. The SS550 performs all the necessary functions in your grow room. You can save money on energy costs by steadily increasing LED power levels as your plants grow, starting with low energy and increasing to 100% power in full bloom.
● Adjustable spectrum (CONTROLLER needed!)
Independent control of the red, white and blue LEDs allow you to find the perfect growing spectrum for your favourite varieties. If your Sativa is stretching too much you can reduce the red spectrum and increase the blue to reduce internodal distance. If your indica is to short you can reduce blue light and increase red spectrum to increase internode distance and build a bigger plant structure. And you can turn off both blue and red light to view your plants in the special ‘White Light’ plant inspection mode. The SS550 brings professional levels of controllability into the hands of the home grower.
● Proven Design
Several years of grow light manufacture has resulted in a highly reliable and fully proven LED grow light with superior quality components and a design you can trust. California Lightworks have supplied USA commercial growers with LED grow lights for several years - the technology and designs are tried and tested.
● Sunrise/sunset option (CONTROLLER needed!)
Some cultivators believe that plants can’t adjust instantly to full light intensity, it causes stress and the plants may need up to half an hour to wake from sleep and start to photosynthesise at full speed. The SS550 allows you the option to steadily increase/decrease light power at the start/end of the day to replicate the more natural light transitions of the sun.
● 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty / 5 Year Limited Warranty
Benefits of the SolarSystem LED grow lights
Using the optional hand controller you can adjust the spectrum and the intensity of the LED grow lights. Without the optional hand controller, all LED power levels are set to 100% and can’t be adjusted. On the SolarSystem 1100 and SolarSystem 550 the red, blue and white LEDs are on separate electrical circuits. This allows them to be separately controlled. On the SolarSystem 275 the red LEDs are on one circuit, and the blue and white LEDs are controlled on the same circuit (not separate circuits). This means that blue and white LEDs can’t be controlled independently on the SolarSystem 275, its a small restriction, but one which future buyers should be aware of. With the hand controller the LEDs can be programmed to switch on and off automatically, with a sunrise/sunset mode to gradually turn the lights on/off. Additionally, the fully programmable hand controller allows you to control up to 1000 lights at a time by connecting the SolarSystem lights in a ‘daisy chain’ arrangement using standard RJ11 telecom cables (supplied). The SolarSystem LED grow lights were designed for maximum user convenience and were built to the highest possible standards using top-specification Osram LEDs.
Professional build quality
LED grow lights built for legal producers. California Lightworks are able to offer top quality LED grow lights at affordable prices thanks to the large numbers of lights that they make for the legal USA cannabis industry. The scales of efficiency allow large quantities of highest quality components to be bought at the lowest prices and incorporated into one of the best value and best quality LED grow light ranges available today.
Crazy LEDs - quality LED grow lights at the lowest prices
Crazy LEDs are the European distributor for California Lightworks and stock the full range of LED grow lights. The SolarSystem lights have been fully tested and come with our highest recommendations. We also supply Dutch Passion seed e-vouchers with each LED grow light. The SolarSystem 1100 comes with an e-voucher for a generous €200 worth of seeds. The SolarSystem 550 comes with a €100 seed e-voucher and the SolarSystem 275 comes with a €75 seed e-voucher to spend on etc Dutch Passion website. There has never been a better time, or a better value way to enter the world of LED cannabis growing. The SolarSystem LED grow lights are the best build quality, most versatile and powerful LED grow lights that we have ever sold. With the e-vouchers for Dutch Passion seeds these LED grow lights represent unbeatable value for money and come with our highest recommendations.
(not included. Buy/More info on this page)
Using the controller you can connect and control multiple SolarSystem LED grow lights which connect together with a standard RJ11 cable (supplied). The controller also allows you to adjust the spectrum from the SolarSystem 550. The SolarSystem 550 contains red, blue and white Osram diodes. The blue, white and red diodes are controlled on separate circuits. This allows you to adjust the light spectrum according to the specific needs of your plants during veg. The controller also allows advanced programmable control over your LED grow light and allows sunrise/sunset modes for better daily growth and even allows your whole grow to be programmed months in advance for seedlings, veg and bloom growth. The in-built digital timer eliminates the need for external timers or contacts and allows customisable grow schedules for each strain.
Using multiple SS550 lights together.
We understand that many home growers like to link several grow lights together, and with the SS550 that is easy to do. Each light has its own power cable. If you are controlling all your SS550 lights from a single controller then the controller needs to be plugged into one of the SS550 lights. The remaining SS550 lights are all daisy chained to the first SS550 with standard ‘telephone-style’ connection cables. Using this system you can control a grow room full of SS550 lights.
|Heat Output - BTU||1280|
|Light Output PPF||642|
|Adjustable Spectrum||Digital / Programmable|
|Power Consumption||0 - 400W|